Becoming a Social Media Manager is a fun and exciting career where you are able to have full creative freedom and communicate with a community of supporters from all around the world!
With a flexible schedule working on social media, a manager can get very busy when tight deadlines are approaching and might need to work outside normal business hours. Social Media Managers have similar hours to those in the advertising and marketing field, between 35-40 hours a week!
How do I become a Social Media Manager for a small business?
In order to become a Social Media Manager, you must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and communication. There are various tools used to create and schedule posts, as well as measure analytics. You must know the audience you are posting to and be able to engage them.
Job duties of a Social Media Manager include:
- Developing a social media strategy which aligns with corporate goals
- Monitoring all online accounts to ensure everyone is following guidelines
- Encourage the audience to participate and share posts to their audience for greater engagement
Can I be a manager without a degree?
For most job postings, a college diploma or undergraduate degree is required. However, if you have experience running and managing social media accounts, this can be an important asset. Real-life experience can be more important than education when it comes to social media management.
What qualifications do I need to be a social media manager?
Since a bachelor’s degree is typically required, studying areas in communications, public relations, journalism, business, advertising and marketing, etc. are essential. Having experience in placements or internships is recommended, as well as completing certifications in social media and online marketing to show your willingness to continue to learn and improve your skills.
Qualifications for a Social Media Manager:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge of social media management and analytical tools
- Creative social strategy ability
- Ability to write in company brand voice
- Fact-checking research skills
- Strong planning capabilities
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of PPC campaigns
How long should you spend on social media?
Most Social Media Managers spend an average of two hours a day on social media. They spend time managing the brand and coming up with new and exciting ideas, to make sure their reputation stays up to par!
AquaFire Marketing offers the best Digital Marketing Services for your company!
Call us at 905-260-8410 now! Visit www.aquafiremarketing.com to learn about the digital marketing services offered.